Community Bug Report Update 3.27
Happy Friday! Our team is putting the final touches on the upcoming patch release and we would once again like to thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. Let’s dive deeper into what you can expect:
- New Dynamic HUD mode as well as option to hide HUD
- Exclusive Fullscreen Option Added
- Resolution Scaling Option Added
- Fast travel from map will now be sold as a separate upgrade from Opher
- Achievements: Healthy and Powerful achievements should be granted automatically when loading a save that meets all the criteria.
- Note: Destiny, Hardcore Fan, Shardless, Lightless, Look at the Time and Immortal will be granted when loading the save with a completed game while meeting the criteria for these achievements. However, if you skipped the epilogue cutscene, you may need to beat the final boss again.
- Improved overall performance, including map loading times, scenes, and asset loading
- Audio buzzing/stuttering removed or reduced
- Localization and missing characters/fonts with Asian languages fixed
- Note: There are still some issues with the Quick Access leaderboards for all languages which will be addressed in the next patch.
- Controller button functionality fixed
- Crashing/Freezing on start menu fixed
- Handful of softlocks and one-off crashes fixed, such as getting trapped behind a door
- Several instances of your screen going black at certain moments throughout the game fixed
- PC Keyboard fixes: Incorrect button prompts, keybinding polish, toggling between keyboard and controllers, and more
- Numerous polish fixes throughout the world and UI including textures, vignettes, animations, audio, enemy one-offs, Motay stats, game menus, UI prompts, and more
- Picking up collectibles fixed
We will be sure to let you know on all social media channels as soon as the new patch drops. Your feedback has been incredible, and we believe the upcoming build will solve a large number of issues you have shared with us.
Thank you again, and more updates next week!
Community Bug Report Update 3.20
We are working around the clock to bring you a patch in the coming days that fixes performance issues and a large number of reported bugs across all platforms. Our goal is to provide a quality patch that addresses many needs at once and is thus taking us a few extra days to perfect. Once the patch drops several performance issues you may have experienced will decrease significantly and the game will be enjoyed more fully by many more users. In the meantime, some of the most common reports are below.
Common Reports and Workarounds
- “I can’t burrow or water-dash!” Please make sure you have acquired the Dash ability in Kwolok’s Hollow, or burrow and water-dash will not work.
- “The sound buzzes/stutters a lot!” A few workarounds while we fix this issue is to install your game on an SSD and disable antivirus real-time scanning for the game. This fixes a lot of issues for some but not guaranteed. A fix is coming for this one.
- “I can’t remap some of my buttons!” This is a known issue and will be fixed in the upcoming patch.
- “I beat the game and didn’t get some of the end-game achievements!” Also a known issue and will be fixed in the upcoming patch.
- “I can’t get rid of this quest/rumor even though I did it already!” This is a known issue and will be fixed in the upcoming patch.
- “I’m stuck behind a door!” We are aware of a small number of instances where you are stuck from progressing in the game. While we work on these issues, please read below on how to load a backup save.
Thank you for your continued patience!
Community Bug Report Update 3.13
Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback so far while playing Will of the Wisps. It has been invaluable to us!
We would like to share an update on the status of known issues and bug reports. Here is a list of Top Known Issues and their status:
Xbox One Upcoming Fixes
- Improving performance on both Xbox One X and Xbox One S across the entire game as well as during busy combat scenarios
- Removing the stutters on Xbox One S and Xbox One X after longer periods of play time
- Addressing various gameplay, localization and technical bugs
- Additional improvements are also planned for the Xbox One version in a future update, including plans to improve the HDR support for Xbox One
PC Upcoming Fixes
- Sound glitches/buzzing
- Weapon Wheel (both RT/LT bringing up abilities)
- Chinese font rendering issue
- End-game Achievements Unlock Error
- Leaderboard Missing Information
- Key Remapping Error
- More options for performance tweaking on the PC:
- Resolution scaling %
- Allowing to super-sample or under-sample the game
- Exclusive full screen mode and other small tweakable graphic options
- Plans to improve the HDR experience with HDR support for PC is coming soon
More Known Issues We are Investigating
- Crash during title screen: Investigating
- Save game files missing: Investigating
- No In-game sound: Investigating
If you are having audio buzzing issues, in some cases, adding the game to your antivirus exclusion list will work as a temporary fix. The next patch will be coming next week, so stay tuned!
We also understand there are a number of softlocks, i.e., when Ori gets stuck somewhere and you cannot progress through the game, and while we work on their fixes, the best workaround would be to use a backup save.
How to Access Your Backup Saves
- Return to the Main Title Screen
- Select ‘Start Game’
- Select the game slot you wish to access
- Select ‘Backup Saves’
- Select the save you would like to start from.
There have also been several questions regarding Life Cell Fragments. In order to increase your maximum health, you will need to collect two Life Cell Fragments to complete a Life Cell. Once you have both parts of a Life Cell Fragment, your maximum health will increase by one. We hope this helps!
Reporting A Bug or Gameplay Help
If you would like to report a Steam bug that isn’t on the above list click here to add your bug to the thread. We will reach out for more information if needed.
Alternatively, for help from fellow community members, check out our Official Ori Discord! There is a technical help section for Steam, Win10, and Xbox. Our community is active and available to help take a look and see if your bug can be solved on its own, has been reported, or is brand new.
If you just need help with getting past a hard puzzle or need someone to cheer you on, our Discord is also the right place to go! There is a Will of the Wisps-specific channel and someone is always around to lend a hand.
As always, please check your device to make sure your game is playing the latest build. We have received some confusion with Windows 10 updates, so here is a quick How-to:
How to Update Ori and the Will of the Wisps in Windows 10
1. Go to the Microsoft Store on your PC.
3. Under ‘Available Updates’, look for Ori and the Will of the Wisps.
4.Once on the game page, select the menu with the three dots and click ‘Update’.
This will ensure you have the latest version of the game.
Thanks for your patience! We are working very hard to fix all your issues and will keep you updated in the coming days.